The majority of us are ambitious people.
We have goals and expectations, for not only ourselves but for our friends and family too. We make mental notes, sticky notes, notes written on a napkin, whatever we have to, in order to remember all of the good INTENTIONS we have for our upcoming week. We mean well. Life just gets out of control sometimes. It could be our fault for overscheduling, or it could be something we fall victim to. Inevitably, our week will have it’s up’s & down’s (and sharp turns and circles!)
So what can you do to brace yourself for the week ahead?
Here’s 7 Bible Verses to read at the beginning of the week, to get you prepared for what’s ahead! (And a free printable version of the verses at the bottom!)
1. “This is the day that the lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
Let this be your motto as you rise each morning. Repeat it to yourself all day. Write it on cards and post them places you will see it throughout the day. Let it be a reminder to you when you are finding hard to rejoice.
2. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
Use this verse as an explanation to yourself, during the times in your week when you feel confused or when you don’t have the answers people are expecting you to have. Rest in the fact that God is the one who has the understanding and He will provide what you need if you ask.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it
This verse is super powerful. It reminds you that you are not alone in this world. Not only is God with you, but other humans have gone through the same thing. Trust in the fact that even though it is hard, God will never leave you to handle things alone. He has provided a path for you. Ask Him to show it when you can’t see it.
4. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him”
This is your shield for the times during the week when you are struggling to find direction. Ask for God to give you wisdom and guidance instead of stressing yourself out trying to find a way to work it all out.
5. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 “For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ”
This verse is a reminder that you have the power to fight off everything that stands in your way. You can not be destroyed by people or things in this world. Our weapons are not of the flesh. God will destroy our strongholds if we let him. How can we let him? By taking all of our thoughts of panic captive and kneeling down before Christ.
6. Lamentations 3:22-23 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness”
This verse is all about how the Lords love is unbreakable. Start each day fresh. What you did the day before is over. God’s love is just as strong today as it always is.
7. Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”
Pray this verse for your example to others. Let it be your motivation to shine with Jesus in every situation you face this coming week!