Council of Nicea The Council of Nicea met to discuss the Trinity.
• Trinity: Begin with right 3-hand behind left palm-in flat hand. Then pull the right hand down and around and switch to a 1-hand. (3 in 1)
Augustine of Hippo Augustine converted to Christianity.
• Augustine: Right A.
• converts: Right palm-down A-hand rests on left palm-up A-hand. Both hands twist 360° until left hand is on top.
Jerome Completes the Vulgate
The Vulgate was a Latin translation of the Bible.
• Jerome: Right J.
• Vulgate: Palm-up flat-hands, pinky’s touching as if holding a Bible.
Visigoths Sack Rome
• Visigoths: Right V.
• Sack: Palm-down hands alternately grab as if pillaging.
• Rome: Right R.
The Middle Ages (c. 450 – c. 1500)
• Middle Ages: Downturned right fingers of flattened O-hand move in a small clockwise circle and come to rest in the center of the left palm-up flat-hand.
Council of Chalcedon
At the Council of Chalcedon, they discussed the 2 natures of Jesus.
• 2 natures: Right 2.
• Christ: Right bent middle finger touches left palm. Left bent middle finger touches right palm.
Western Roman Empire Falls to Barbarians
• Western: Right W begins at right and moves horizontally to the left (west).
• Falls: Palm-down flat-hands drop down.
• Barbarians: With a fierce face and elbows out, palm-in fists in front of waistline.
Mid-Atlantic World – CC Happy Mom – You can find the song and motions HERE
Cape of Good Hope – Down In South Africa
And the Straight of Magellan pointing down, South America!
Canary Islands fly north west of Africa
And the Treaty of Tordesillas cuts the map!
Mid-Atlantic world, Mid-Atlantic world, that’s the way – we describe the mid-Atlantic world!
Tell me about European Exploration
Dias rounded the cape of Good Hope – make an ASL “D”, hold it and make a giant U in the air in front of you.
Amerigo Vespucci sailed to the Americas – make ASL “a” then “v” with R hand. Use “V” as a vessel to sail across the water.
Balboa crossed Central America to the Pacific – sign ASL “B” with R hand in front of R shoulder. Then push “B” forward at a diagonal.
Magellan’s crew sound around the globe – sign ASL “M” and make a large circle in front of your chest
And Coronado explored the American Southwest – make ASL “C” then use both hands to make binoculars and search from L to R
What are some parts of the sun? – Sang to Rise & Shine & give God the glory.
We also learned motions:
Radiative Zone– With your left hand, sign the letter “r” over the core.
Convective Zone– Using your right hand and sign the letter “c” over the radiative zone.
Sunspots – Use your left index finger to point to a spot on the “c.”
Photosphere – Put finger tips of hands together and form a sphere.
Solar Flare – Put up a few fingers from the photosphere.
Corona– Keep index finger and thumb together, put fingers and palms out.
1st Conjugation Endings Present Perfect Tense (Song from CC)
____i I have ___ed
____isti You have ____ed
____it he,she,it has ___ed
___imus we have ___ed
___istius you have ___ed
___erunt they have ___ed
14s up 14×14- sang to Camptown Races
14 28 42 56 70 84 98
112 126 140 154 168 182 196